Full Conference Schedule Young Scholars Workshop Schedule
The International Network for Interreligious Research and Education (INIRE) hosted it's 6th annual conference and summer program, “Religion and Immigration,” at Bar-Ilan University, Israel, June 6 – 10, 2022. Graduate students and faculty from five continents were hosted by Bar-Ilan University and the Israel Science Foundation, in connection with the Duke Center for Jewish Studies and Religions and Public Life at the Kenan Institute for Ethics.
General themes covered by the school and the conference:
- Religious leaders as sources/purveyors of continuity.
- Theologians as cultural bridge-builders
- Religious activists as socializing agents
- Religion’s impact on integration: case-studies
- Religious activism, religious institutions and immigration.
- Religious communities facilitating integration.
- Religious organizations and refugees
- Religious sensibilities and humanitarian ideologies
- Religious organizations, lobbying, and immigration policy making